- This event has passed.
Forest Schools First Aid, Peterborough
21st April 2022 - 22nd April 2022£150.00
Forest school’s FIRST AID IS OUR MOST POPULAR COURSE.
This Forest Schools First Aid course covers the long-term care of casualties in the forest schools environment and is managed by Forge Learning bookings can be made on 07807 620976 or https://forge-learning.co.uk/
The course is suitable for forest schools leaders
The delivery of this 16-hour course is over two days.
Would you please make sure that you check your National Governing Bodies requirements for first aid?
Our OfQual approved Awarding Organisation issues certificates; this assures quality trainers.
The course looks at how you may adapt and improvise your equipment to support your first aid kit. We also have first aid kits for sale.
COURSE CONTENT OF THE Forest school FIRST AID COURSE
A typical day first day
· Vital signs
· Accident procedure
· Recognition and treatment of an unconscious casualty
· How to recognise and treat people who are in a seizure
· Adult CPR the Recognition and treatment of Cardiac Arrest
· Treatment of Drowning / Child CPR / Infant CPR casualties
· Recognition and treatment of choking casualties
· The treatment of bleeding injuries
· Recognition and treatment of burns and scalds
A typical second day
· How to recognise and treat potential fractures to arms and lower legs
· Recognition and treatment of soft tissue injuries
· Treating casualties with head injuries
· Management of possible neck injuries
· Recognition and treatment of injuries to the chest, stomach, pelvis and thigh.
· Practical incidents to re-enforce learning throughout the two days
· The course will involve being in the outdoor environment for the practical development of skills close to the teaching centre
· Recognition and treatment of common medical emergencies (Asthma, diabetes, anaphylaxis, bites, stings)
· Core heating and cooling (hyperthermia and hypothermia) recognition and treatment