First Aid Academy is working with Zoll Medical to deliver full day, half day and refresher first aid courses. Courses are designed for companies who wish to take the initiative and have Automated External Defibrillator Training (AED) on their premises, and realise the benefits for the welfare of staff, as well as customers.
We provide practical training, allowing for students to have a better understanding and more ‘hands on’ experience with the AED. The qualification gained is valid for 12 months, as recommended by the European Resuscitation Council. Over 270,000 people suffer a heart attack every year in the U.K. Unfortunately 30% will not make it to hospital alive. The majority might have been saved had their heart been defibrillated in the first five minutes of their cardiac arrest. An AED unit with a trained operator at the site of a sudden cardiac arrest can raise the chance of survival from 0% to 80%.
Who should attend Defibrillator Training?
No previous First Aid knowledge is necessary. This course is suitable for anyone interested furthering their emergency aid skills, or who works at a site where an AED is being purchased.
Note prices exclude VAT. Courses delivered at your venue. Defibrillator refresher training is recommended every 12 months; all training courses can run with a max of 12 staff.
Purchase of ZOLL AED Plus® Defibrillator machines
Only the AED Plus with its exclusive, one-piece electrode can measure the rate and depth of chest compressions during CPR. It immediately tells rescuers how well compressions are being performed. With visual and audible prompts that deliver instantaneous feedback, only the AED Plus ensures rescuers can perform the most effective CPR. ZOLL’s AED Plus is the only AED that helps the rescuer achieve the correct rate and depth of chest compressions during CPR. No other AED has this capability. Features & Benefits:
- Supports the entire chain of survival with easy-to-understand audio prompts and visual icons
- Real CPR Help® with instant feedback on the rate and depth of chest compressions during CPR
- Uses off-the-shelf lithium camera batteries (Duracell 123a) 5 year battery life (under normal conditions)
- Easy-to-place, one-piece electrode – CPR-D padz
- 5 year warranty
- Rugged design that resists dust and water
- Intelligent paediatric capability with pedipadz II® electrode
- Resuscitation Council (UK), European Resuscitation Council (ERC) compliance
- Automatic self-testing assures constant state of readiness
Supplied complete with carry bag, batteries, adult CPR-D padz electrode, prep pack comprising a CPR barrier mask, scissors, disposable gloves, a prep razor, a towel and a towel
Free electrodes and batteries with ZOLL’s unique Post-Event Electrode Replacement (PEER) Program
Cost of a ZOLL AED Plus® Defibrillator is £1300 + VAT. Unlike other makes of defibrillator batteries for ZOLL machines can be purchased at a local store so your long-term costs are kept low. Other makes may require you to buy a specialist battery pack costing over £100.
Other items you may require are: – Paediatric Pads @ £55, Wall mount (supply only) @ £140
About ZOLL Medical
ZOLL Medical has been in the defibrillator business for more than 25 years. The founder, Paul M. Zoll, M.D., was the inventor of heart pacemaker technology in 1952 and the first to externally defibrillate the heart in 1956. The AED Plus features Real CPR Help®, a tool that is able to actually asses the quality of CPR that you are delivering and provide feedback to help you do it well. Audio and visual prompts help you rescue with confidence and clarity unmatched by any other AED.
- Not pushing hard enough? It will tell you when to push harder.
- Pushing hard enough? It will say, “Good compressions.”
- Not pushing fast enough? A metronome will lead you to the right rate.
- It will even show you the depth of each compression. In real time.
- Not yet started? The AED Plus will tell you again to get started.
- Compressions stopped? It will tell you to continue.
ZOLL believes an AED should not just deliver a shock. It should also help the responder provide high-quality CPR and enable you to deliver effective treatment 100% of the time to 100% of Cardiac arrest victims. First Aid Academy is working with Zoll Medical to deliver full day, half day and refresher first aid courses.